For the Love of Food



This weekend, several University Singers alumni came back to Charlottesville to hear the group perform the Duruflé Requiem.  Sam and Leslie stayed over at my house, which unfortunately meant that they had to sleep on the two ratty couches in our living room.  Nonetheless, we made the most out of the weekend and managed to find two spectacular deals.

First, we went to Buddhist with Mary Virginia for dinner (wait, they serve FOOD there??).  Somehow, the steak and potatoes only cost $6.  The price seemed unreasonably cheap to me, but why ask questions when you can just order the steak and eat it?

Second, we went to the White Spot for Gusburgers at 1:30am, before the rush when bars close.  Sadly, Leslie and I were missing Garrett, the third member of our Gusburger triumvirate, so Sam nobly took his place.  Perhaps the best part of the night was when I said that I would regret this decision in the morning, prompting the girl in front of me to turn around, punch me in the chest, and say, "TAKE THAT BACK!  THIS IS THE BEST DECISION YOU HAVE EVER MADE!"

2 comments:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

who was that crazy girl? i would like to shake her hand.

Kendall Singleton said...

I'm sad I had to miss out on the Durufle concert and all the food and fun that happened before and after! I was busy performing at my own show (come this weekend, if you can!).