I Failed My Pathology Quiz

But, instead of dwelling on my frustration, I will continue to reminisce about my days at the Maggie L. Walker Governor's School for Government and International Studies.  Or, as the students and faculty always referred to it, MLWGSGIS (pronounced muh-luh-wuh-giss-giss).

Everyone who went to our high school was a nerd.  Sure, some of us were geekier than others, but at least it was a place where we all fit in.  I mean, at what other high school in Richmond is it cool to join the Model UN club, compete in international Math Modeling contests, try out for the We the People competition team, and learn how to write in HTML?

Okay, so I did everything on that list except for learning how to write in HTML.  Luckily, several of my friends did and went on to design layouts for everyone else's blog (I told you we were all nerds).  Below are some of my favorite Jungle Adventure! layouts, which put my current one from Free WP Themes to shame:



3. Featuring the Cast of Scrubs.  This was designed and encoded by Stevie, who watched Scrubs as religiously as I did.  Except I loved the show so much that I actually decided to go into the medical profession.  What was I thinking??



2. Sammas-gotchi.  This pop-up window layout was designed and encoded by Tina, who based it on Tamagotchi, the popular digital pet from middle school.  Each of the icons at the bottom led you to a different section of the site (Past Lives refers to Archives, and if you hovered your mouse over the other four Tamagotchis, you would see that they brought you to Home, About Me, Photos, and Links).



1. Fortune Sammas.  By far my favorite layout, also designed and encoded by Tina.  This was also the picture that I put on the cover of my Personal Anthology, a huge English project that we all had to do during our junior year.  Simple and easy on the eyes, wouldn't you agree?

No comments: