19. Growing a Beard

I've gotten extremely lazy over the past few days, so I've decided to stop shaving. I was kind of curious as to what kind of facial hair I could grow anyway, and what better time to grow a beard than in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho?

Not surprisingly, my "beard" has thus far been more like "awkward splotchy fuzz." I don't know if all of the Basotho people are as straightforward as the friends I've made, but when Thakane saw me this morning, the first thing she asked was, "What is going on with your face?" I told her that I had gotten too lazy to shave, and she responded by simply saying, "It looks very funny." Thanks a lot, Thakane. Just you wait until my beard grows out and turns white. Then I will be undisputedly the wisest man in all the land.

1 comment:

doktaj4 said...

in all the land...so long as you stay in lesotho... :)