4. Playing with the Kids

Spending hours upon hours of "staring intently" (as Emily would say) at the bushveld in search of wildlife is very tiring. I was supposed to go to work this morning with Russell, but instead I slept in and he drove home from work later to pick me up. I spent the morning playing with the special needs babies in the Starfish room, and I spent the afternoon playing with the older babies upstairs.

One of the four-month-olds, A****, kept crying, so I spent the majority of the time holding her to calm her down. Eventually, she fell asleep, and I was still so exhausted from yesterday that I just fell asleep with her. We had a nice, hour-long nap on the couch, and I woke up just in time to feed her at 3pm. Apparently I have the sleeping schedule of a baby.

Now I'm sitting at home, watching Marci X with Cornee, Russell's 40-year-old roommate from Holland, while Russell is out on a date. I also just bought plane tickets to Cape Town for the weekend. What is going on my life??

1 comment:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

Uh...your adventures in Africa are not how I imagined they would be.