3. Touring the Bushveld

This morning I woke up extra early so I could take a bath (Russell's apartment doesn't have a shower) before we left for Pilanesberg National Park. You know how you learn in elementary school that water goes down the drain in a counterclockwise motion in the Southern Hemisphere? I was so excited to see it for myself when I came here, but it turns out that it was all a lie. I stared at the bathtub drain for several minutes in disbelief as I watched the water swirling in the clockwise direction, the same way it does in the Northern Hemisphere. Sigh.

Aside from questioning everything I had ever learned as a child, today was absolutely amazing. We saw several giraffes, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, springboks, and countless other animals. It was basically just like The Lion King, only RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE.

And now, some pictures from my trip thus far.



Andrew, me, Trey, and Matt in Spain


Roman Aqueduct in Segovia


Alcazar Castle, which Andrew claims is the inspiration for the castle from Beauty and the Beast


George the Giraffe, or so I decided to name him


Zebras crossing the road


Oliphaunts!

No comments: