Thoughts on Academia

As second years, we have started on the Core Systems curriculum. Yesterday we had our first Pharmacology and Practice of Medicine II lectures, and today we spent four hours on Pathology. Apparently all of our classes are required to start with the letter P this year.

Dr. Innes told us today that we would have four times as much material in our second year and that we would have to work four times as hard as we did last year in order to succeed. Consider me demoralized.

We moved to the second year classroom, which is a replica of the first year classroom, only located on the other side of the entrance to Jordan Hall. I'm tempted to take a picture of both of them, put them side by side, and play Photo Hunt with them.*

My absentmindedness has reached a new high. I picked up our new POM2 packet after class yesterday and managed to lose it during our lunch hour. I literally have no idea where it is, and now I have to write an e-mail to the course director to ask for a second copy. It appears as though I am not off to a good start.

*Joke courtesy of Lee.

No comments: