New Things

First of all, I was reading through the packets we have for Human Behavior today when I came across a section that we didn't have to know. I read it anyway because BOY DO I LOVE LEARNING and I found out that I suffer from yet another disease: Narcissistic Personality Disorder. According to Dr. Hobbs, it is indicated by the presence of five or more of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance, e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements (I'm the best pianist in the world... check!)
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love (One day, this will all be mine... check!)
3. believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associated with, other special or high-status people or institutions (That's exactly why I want to be a doctor... check!)
4. requires excessive admiration (Umm... Have you ever spoken to me? Check!)
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations (The rules never apply to me... check!)
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends (I'm going to deny this, because admitting it would make it harder for me to take advantage of you... check!)
7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others (Here's an idea: Why don't you try to recognize or identify with MY needs and feelings? Check!)
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her (I'm going with the latter, because you don't have anything that I envy... check!)
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes (Okay, you're just saying that because I'm better than you and you're jealous... check!)

Second of all, a new roommate Stephen just moved in. Here's to new adventures!

Third of all, and most importantly, both I Watch Stuff and Catherine have brought to my attention today that the folks over at Warner Brothers have released a third trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Sit back, relax, and enjoy.

No comments: