Justice Is Coming to All of Us

Who's Watching the Watchmen? Well, I guess I just did. In fact, I just spent the past three hours at the Carmike in Charlottesville. As those of you who have stepped foot inside that theater can attest, I was besieged by the persistent odor of urine the entire time I was there.

Environmental circumstances aside, I... think I liked the movie? I'm not quite sure, because so much happened that i can't even pick out which parts I enjoyed and which parts I didn't. I guess the fighting scenes were pretty cool, but we saw waaay too much of the fluorescent guy from the Blue Man Group.

Anyway, I think I'm going to withhold final judgment until I read the original graphic novel. Maybe then I'll actually understand what just happened. And why it took 163 minutes to explain it in movie format.

No comments: