My Prayers Have Been Answered

If you know me, then you know that action movies with big explosions, intense fighting sequences, and improbable plots have a special place in my heart (the right ventricle, in fact). You should also know that my favorite movie of all time is Crank, in which freelance hitman Chev Chelios, played by Jason Statham, wakes up to find that he has been injected with a synthetic drug known as the Beijing Cocktail, and his only hope of staying alive is to keep his adrenaline pumping. The movie ends with Chev jumping out of a helicopter and landing on top of a car (if you haven't seen the movie, don't worry, I haven't ruined it for you, and it's still worth watching).

Anyway, the poster for the sequel, Crank 2: High Voltage was released today, and it makes perfect sense. What better explanation for him coming back to life after the end of the first film than simply stating, "He Got Better"? I can't even put into words how excited I am for this movie to come out. I dare you to read the following synopsis from Wikipedia and disagree with me. Sickawesome.
Set three months after his destructive run through Los Angeles, hitman Chev Chelios launches himself on a literally electrifying chase through Los Angeles in pursuit of the Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered heart that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working.

2 comments:

Catmo said...

NO. NO. NO. NONONONONO. HE FELL OUT OF A PLANE AT THE END OF THE FIRST ONE. NO.

Anonymous said...

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/crank2/

And I second Catherine's comment.