I maaaaaade you something...

I once knew this kid who was always making mix CDs for girls he liked in lieu of actually talking to them. The idea was, I guess, that they'd pop it in to the player and realize as the harmonies flowed over them in waves that his love was a rare thing and not at all creepy, oh, no, no, no. Such fun for the girls, such fun.

Anyway, I have a crush on the entire internet and I wanted to give it this mix CD, which will express my affection and high-octane lust for it much better than can mere words.

Some will say that this is a series of YouTubes and not a CD. Well, people say a lot of things. Remember when everyone was like, "Oh, Mr. Hitler just wants to live in peace and help his people who were so screwed at the end of the last war." Remember that? You probably don't even remember that.

Track One: Elvis Costello, "Accidents Will Happen"

"It's the words that we don't say that scare me so..."



Track Two: Elvin Bishop, "Fooled Around and Fell in Love"

"I didn't care, how much they criiiiiiiiiied, no sir..."



Track Three: Wire, "Mannequin"

"You're an energy void, a black hole to avoid..."



Track Four: Tom Tom Club, "Genius of Love"

"He still is the Godfather of Soul, ya'll, so check it out..."



Track Five: John Lennon, "Starting Over"

"Why don't we take off alone... LA... LA... LA... LA..."



Track Six: The Spinners, "It's a Shame"

"How can you stand to beeee so cruuuuuuel..."



Track Seven: The Band, "Katie's Been Gone"

"Dear Katie, don'tcha miss your home? I don't see why you had to roam..."



Seven tracks. Seven tracks of pure, troubadour-level passion! Read between the lines, internet! Can't you tell I'm head-over-heels in luuuuuuuurrv?

No comments: