Guilty Pleasure

This is embarrassing for me to admit, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it... I'm obsessed with Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew. Yes, that is the full name of the show in all its ridiculousness, and that is how I always refer to it. Except for when I use the dyslexic abbreviation, ABDC, which also entertains me to no end. Basically, the show is a dancing version of American Idol, only ten times more ridiculous because 1) JC Chasez is one of the judges, 2) it's hosted by Mario Lopez, and 3) the dance crews have horribly misspelled names reminiscent of Flavor Flav's girlfriends, like Fly Khicks and Boxcuttuhz.

I have three favorites that I hope will make it to the end of Season 3. The first is Dynamic Edition, a small town dance crew that has held the Clogging Champions of America title for seven years running. Then there's Quest Crew, representing all of the Asians from Los Angeles. But in the end, my bets are on Strikers All-Stars, a step team from Florida A&M University.

Tonight's episode features a Britney Spears challenge, in which each team will be dancing to a different Britney song while employing certain dance moves assigned to them by the judges. Ugh, why am I such a sucker for trashy television shows?

1 comment:

Me said...

you are only a sucker because ABDC is one of the best reality shows EVER. before I came back to Italy I was even starting to watch the re-runs...multiple times...I MISS IT!! I NEED MY FIX!! SO JEALOUS OF YOUR TRASHY AMERICAN TELEVISION!!!