Extreme Loggers

Last night while Catherine and I were at 27, the bar in downtown Richmond where Kevin works, the TVs were turned to the Discovery Channel. Apparently, in addition to being a hip and happening joint, it is also highly education-oriented! Anyway, they were playing an "Extreme Loggers" marathon, and like the proverbial train-wreck, it demanded our full attention. We watched, mouths agape, as lumberjacks tried to take down trees in the "cursed swamplands" (their words, not mine). Oh, the drama.

Coincidentally, I helped my parents cut down three trees in our backyard this afternoon so that my mom can have more room to grow her garden. I was basically an unstoppable force. Watch out, Brawny Man, I'm coming for your job!

And, most importantly, I got my camera back. It has absolutely been the longest two weeks of my life. Prepare to be accosted by my paparazzi skills if I see you in the upcoming week.

No comments: