Reading Rainbow

Some of my friends from college decided to form a Book Club, and since I'm a sucker for anything that's not related to schoolwork, I hopped onto the bandwagon. We named ourselves the Badass Baptists, which I like to think is a pretty accurate description. Since we now live everywhere between Los Angeles and South Africa, we can't exactly discuss the books in person. Instead, we "met" on Gchat for the first time today to talk about the first two chapters of The Shack, a Christian fiction novel that attempts to tackle the question: Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain? It's pretty good so far, but I'll withhold judgment until we're done discussing the book in February.

On a similar note, if you search Google for the term "badass," the first hit is an article on The 9 Most Badass Bible Verses. My favorite is #2, which comes from Judges 15:15-16.

Finding a fresh jawbone of an ass, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men. Then Samson said,

"With an ass's jawbone
I have made asses of them.
With an ass's jawbone
I have killed a thousand men."


Sickawesome.

No comments: