A Well-Deserved Break

I just got back from another trip to New York City, which is apparently my own personal heroin. I just can't stay away! I road tripped up there with Monique, Jon, and Amanda, who managed to forget how to get to her own home. To her credit, she accidentally told us to get off at the exit where she goes shopping instead. At least she has her priorities straight. After dropping her off in Staten Island, Jon and I took the ferry over to Manhattan, where he showed me his parents' penthouse apartment with a view of Hudson River and the Jersey City skyline that Patrick Bateman would kill for.

Later that night, Cal took me to a bar called Fat Baby, which may or may not have been named after the bouncer at the door. Not only was he large, but he also made no sense at all. When the bouncer me in, he said, "All right, last American virgin! Keep doing drugs." I mumbled out, "Umm, okay, thanks," and quickly ducked inside. And snorted coke. HOW DID HE KNOW!?

Will and Erin joined us in the city the next day to visit the MoMA. It was all pretty incredible, especially the traveling Van Gogh exhibit. It was especially amazing since JP Morgan employees and their guests get in for free. I knew I was friends with Cal and Kevin for a reason!

We also checked out Bodies: The Exhibition at the South Street Seaport, which totally rocked my world. Their dissections put all of the ones we did in Anatomy Lab to shame. I was so excited when I saw all of the nerves in the human body preserved and removed that I nearly peed myself. Then I saw the room with all of the arteries and I lost total control of my external urethral sphincter. Sigh.

I took the Chinatown Bus (shocker) back down to Washington, DC, but I tried a different company this time. This one had just been bought out by Coach USA, which probably explains the mildly comfortable seats, bearable temperature, and absence of the smell of urine. Richie picked me up and took me to dinner at the Dubliner before I headed back down to Charlottesville. I managed to make it back safely, calling people and forcing them to conversate with me so I would stay awake the whole drive home. Well, except for the part in Culpeper where I always lose service. Screw you, Verizon! Always trying to sabotage my life!!

Longest post ever. The end. [collapses]

No comments: