Out of the Question

Elisha, my beloved Canon PowerShot SD870 IS, has been sick for almost a month now. Somehow I managed to damage the LCD screen, which now has two gray spots on it whenever I turn on the camera. Luckily, I took out an insurance policy on her, so I went in to Best Buy to exchange her for a new one this afternoon. I brought her to the Geek Squad, who then informed me that they first needed to send the camera in to be repaired, and I could only get a new one if they weren't able to repair her.

This didn't sound like a big deal to me until they told me that the entire process could take up to FOUR WEEKS. My sympathetic nervous system kicked in, causing pupil dilation, increased heart rate, and, unfortunately, urinary output. I apologized to the Best Buy employee and explained that I wasn't ready to surrender my camera for so long, and that I'd have to pick an opportune time to bring her in (as in, not during the holidays). But then I thought, when will I ever be ready to be apart from Elisha for an entire month? Don't they have some kind of Express Asian Plan where I blink my squinty little eyes and a new camera magically appears in front of me?? I'M SO OPPRESSED RIGHT NOW!!

1 comment:

Cameron Hill said...

sam i've noticed a lot of this unplanned urinary output lately on your part... perhaps you should see a doctor about it. it could be one of those wee wee diseases that hookers get. i hope its not fatal!