My Mom Is a FOB

I went over to Tina's new place to hang out with my high school friends tonight, and, true to her form, my mom called me at midnight to find out where I was and when I was coming home.

When my mom made the Thanksgiving turkey, she made it in Peking roast duck style with a Nanjing orange chicken twist. Why? Because "things always taste better when they are made the Chinese way!" I'll admit, it was the best turkey I've ever had. All 26 pounds of it. I'll be eating leftovers for about a month...

Speaking of poultry, my mom was trying to explain to her choir how good they sounded during rehearsal.
Mom: "Oh, you sound so good, you give me chicken skin!"
Me: "Um, Mom, I think you were trying to say that they gave you goosebumps."
Mom: "Ohh, HAHAHA! But see, my skin feel like chicken!"

Probably the only thing more Asian than my mom is Bruce Lee, which is why you need to check out this video of him playing ping pong with nunchucks. Sickawesome!

2 comments:

Catmo said...

that turkey sounds AMAZING

Janice Dean said...

Holy crap, I want that Bruce Lee phone. If your mom is almost as Asian as Bruce Lee, then she must be freaking awesome. Apparently there's another video where Bruce Lee lights matchsticks with his nunchucks. I'll have to check that one out later... when I'm not at work. :-P