Model UN

We are currently under attack. The hallowed grounds of the University of Virginia have been invaded by high schoolers in business suits. If we don't immediately pass a resolution "recognizing" their impact on the community and that "strongly urges" them to leave, they will subject all of us to their drivel about the need to curb violence in the former Slavic nations and the viability of the Oil-for-Food Programme in Iraq.

I guess I can't make fun of them too much, because I was doing the exact same thing when I was in high school. I remember my first Model UN conference in freshman year of high school, which happened to be VAMUN. I also remember that for some reason, the Saturday night dance was held at... you won't believe it... Sigma Nu. Yes, they threw hundreds of high school students into the middle of a frat party. The image of college students chugging beer and smoking pot was forever seared into my innocent and impressionable mind. Ah, to be young again...

Oh, and if you're wondering why I posted a picture of Alessandra Ambrosio from the 12th Annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show above, it's because I've decided to name my laptop after her. I mean, if you just had a baby in August and now look like this, then pretty much everything in the world should be named after you. Alessandra toaster? I'll buy it! Alessandra garbage bags? I've already ordered 10 boxes!

1 comment:

Me said...

my friend just revealed that she made out with a victoria's secret model on the dance floor of some club in new york to the sounds of "lose control" by missy elliot...and she was a brunette...could it have been alessandra?...possibly...

i'm so jealous!