Fall Break

I just got back from New York City, where I managed to forget everything I had learned in the last seven weeks. Perhaps the highlight of my trip was seeing Spamalot on Broadway with Will and Erin. It was quite possibly the funniest show ever written in the history of the universe. I crashed with Cal, Jim, and Kevin, so I also got to see what it's really like to be a New York investment banker. It was like everything I had seen in American Psycho, except they didn't live in the American Gardens Building, we didn't score any coke while we were out, and none of them could even get us a freaking reservation at Dorsia.

The most absurd part of the trip was, without a doubt, riding the Chinatown Bus. The bus to New York left Richmond at 1am, so I tried to sleep on the way up. This ended up being a lot harder than I had imagined, since the girl sitting in front of me decided to listen to music on her laptop without her headphones, subjecting me to awful songs like "Don't Cha" at 2:30 in the morning. The guy with extremely long legs sitting behind me didn't help either, because I couldn't lean my seat back at all. White people: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! To top it all off, I couldn't get into Jim's apartment when I got to the city, so I ended up brushing my teeth and shaving next to a homeless guy doing the same thing in the public restroom of Grand Central Station. I know, I'm almost TOO classy.

1 comment:

DannyDean said...

Sam, you are amazing. Amazing mental images of you swapping stories with homeless dudes in the bathroom abound.