Bed Bath & Beyond

One of the things I resolved to do when I started medical school was to make my bed every morning. I feel like the bed makes a big difference in a room's overall appearance. For some reason, there can be dirty laundry all over the floor and papers strewn everywhere, but if the bed is made, I think, "Wow, this person really cares about keeping an organized room."

I've been keeping up with this resolution pretty well, but I have noticed one thing: I don't actually know how to make a bed. I mean, how to REALLY make a bed. You know how sometimes when you're a guest in somebody's house, and there are pillows of so many shapes and sizes that it looks like the cover of Southern Living? When you're actually unable to go to bed because the covers are pulled so tightly against the mattress that you can't even stick in a finger, let alone your entire body? When the sheets are so taut that you could swear they were ironed on the bed itself? When you wake up the next morning and you try to make the bed, but you know that the host is just going to have to remake it themselves after you leave, probably rolling his or her eyes and wondering out loud why you have no home-making abilities whatsoever?

So if I had to rate my bed-making skills on a scale of 7 to 13, I would give myself no higher than a 9. There is still so much room for improvement!

No comments: