Wall of Shame

Today's afternoon activity was rock climbing at Rocky Top. I've never been to a rock climbing gym before, but after watching Heiby and Josh tackle the walls, it seemed like it would be a piece of cake. They made it look so easy!


Turns out I lack their experience and innate ability to climb like a monkey. The same 5.8 course that Josh scrambled up took me much longer. I took several breaks along the way, and I'm embarrassed to admit I couldn't even make it to the top without cheating at the end and grasping a few unmarked handholds along the way.


It turns out that indoor rock climbing is really cool, and I can't believe I'd never done it before. I also can't believe how sore my forearms are going to be tomorrow when I wake up. It's not gonna be pretty, I tell ya.

No comments: