Promised Land

Is this the great fourth year that I kept hearing about all throughout medical school? Why, yes, it must be. This morning we went to Dr. Burt's farm to learn about topics like animal trapping, how to treat fish hook injuries, and gun safety. The best part? We got to spend all day outside, even during the lecture portions of the class.


No, I'm sorry, let me correct myself. The best part? Getting out of class early and then finding out that a new winery, Pippin Hill Farm, had recently opened nearby. It only made sense that we should make the most of our free afternoon and stop by for a quick wine tasting before heading home.


I am sad to say that their wine was, frankly, pretty terrible. Half of us tasted the white wines and the other half tasted the red wines, but I'm not sure any of us enjoyed what they had to offer. Ah well, at least we got to enjoy their beautiful view. Maybe their wines will improve as they age... at least, they'd better hope that they do, or I don't think they'll be in business for very long.

No comments: