Las Fuentes Georginas

After yesterday's hike, it only seemed appropriate to treat ourselves to something nice today.  We had talked about going to Las Fuentes Georginas, a group of hot springs that are warmed by the nearby Zunil Volcano, as soon as we had arrived.  When Kate's host family heard about our plan, they suggested that they take us there in their pickup truck, an offer that we eagerly accepted.


We spent a long time bathing in the different pools, which are naturally unbearably hot.  We could barely stand dipping our feet into the hottest pool, which is farthest back in the picture below.  The two lower pools are cooled by water that is piped in, and thus are much more comfortable to soak in.  I truly cannot recall the last time I've felt so relaxed.


I also can't recall the last time I felt so full.  While we bathed in the warm waters, Kate's family prepared us a feast of steak, tortillas, beans, and guacamole.  I ate two pieces of steak and helped Kate finish half of hers as well.  It was truly a feast for the history books.


So, since I spent half of the day in the waters of Las Fuentes Georginas, I don't have to take a shower this evening, right?  Right??

No comments: