Las Compras


It's the early morning right before classes start, which means it's time for my daily blogging session.  Sort of.  It's only the second day I've done it, but as any good Wahoo will tell you, it only requires one occurrence to qualify an event as a "tradition."

We had the entire afternoon off yesterday, so we decided to explore a different area of Xela than the one we live and go to school in.  We wandered up to the northeast corner where the large commercial district is located in search of some supplies.  We found the Megapaca, which is basically the largest thrift store I've ever seen in my entire life.  Goodwill, you've got nothing on these guys.  They even sell a towel-turned-into-a-duck.  What's there to dislike?


Next door to the MegaPaca is a Walmart, which seemed oddly out of place in Xela.  It had all the usual goods you'd expect to find, and not surprisingly, its bland layout didn't inspire me to take any pictures.  On the walk back, however, we were excited to stop by the Temple of Minerva, which inspired a brief photo shoot.


The temple to the Roman goddess is oddly out of place, but I kind of like it.  Its bizarre presence also reminds me a little of Lost, and that can only ever be a good thing.

No comments: