La Casa de Yoga

Since I'm only supposed to run in my FiveFingers every other day for the first month I use them, I needed to find a different form of exercise yesterday.  And so, the five of us decided to pay a visit to the local Casa de Yoga after our meeting with Jessica in the afternoon.  I was a little worried; unlike the rest of them, I had never taken a yoga class before.  In fact, the only form of yoga I'd ever done was Yoga X from the P90X workout.

Luckily, the class ended up being a good level of difficulty for me.  I had no trouble with the moving asanas and the strength exercises, but just as with the Yoga X workout, I struggled a lot with the balance postures.  It was kind of embarrassing; everyone else (including the four other guys in the class) had no problem standing on one leg while contorting their bodies in unbelievable ways.  Meanwhile, my arms were flailing and I threatened to take Steph and Tracey, who were next to me, down with me every single time I fell.

I'm glad we found the yoga studio, and seeing as how each class costs only Q20 (or $2.50), I feel pretty good about doing it on my off-running days.

No comments: