Time for a Change

After a prolonged absence from giving interview tours, I've been back at it this week.  Today, I gave one with Sunny, and to our delight we learned that the Garden Room where we take the interviewees for lunch had a special holiday menu.

The Garden Room lunches are already over-the-top: a hot buffet that is at least ten times better than any other lunch you might get on a medical school interview day.  But what we had today was extravagant, even by UVA standards.

We arrived to find a three-course menu on our tables.  I fought the urge to dive into cruise ship mentality and order two of each course, and I ended up going with a lobster bisque as my appetizer, sirloin steak for my entree, and a rich-beyond-imagination espresso yule log for dessert.

Sure, our lunch may have taken much longer than usual, and we may have had to cram an hour-long tour into 30 minutes, but you know what?  I loved it.  And I bet those interviewees did too.

No comments: