Stay Safe

Today was a day: two firsts and a last.

This morning was the first time I visited the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.  We were given a tour of the gallery, where they keep different cars that have been crash-tested.  The tour ended with a live crash test, which unfortunately I can't post pictures or videos of online because it contains currently non-analyzed data.  But I can tell you that they were testing the guards on the backs of tractor trailers by running a car at 30mph into one of them.  Here's what some of the cars that had undergone previous tests against tractor trailers now look like:


This afternoon was the first time I worked with second year medical students as an H&P observer.  It was fun watching them do a complete physical exam and then giving them feedback on how to improve.  I'm really glad I just took the Advanced Physical Diagnosis elective with Dr. Corbett, because otherwise I would not have felt nearly as comfortable as I did showing the students how to properly palpate the landmarks in the neck or percuss Castell's point.

This evening was the last time I would get to attend a home UVA basketball game as a student.  SHOTS ticketing request system, I will miss you!  Just kidding, you were always the most user-unfriendly website of all time.  At least we got to sing the Good Old Song in celebration at the end: we beat GMU 68-48.  GO HOOS!

No comments: