Gym Rat

The interview trail has taken its toll on me: I haven't been eating healthily or even regularly for the past month, and I certainly haven't had any semblance of an exercise routine.  I knew I'd been falling out of shape, but it wasn't until I weighed myself today and found out that I'd lost seven pounds in the past month that I knew something was seriously wrong.

Luckily, my parents' new house is just down the street from a new 24-hour American Family Fitness center.  I went to check it out, and they even agreed to let me use it without a membership while I'm home for the holidays.  It's a huge gym, complete with several indoor pools and even an indoor running track.  The only downside is that it was built large for a reason: it was teeming with people.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that I was in the middle of the UVA Aquatic & Fitness Center at 5pm.

But I really couldn't complain, since they were letting me work out for free.  Of course, I may not be so cavalier (HIYO!) about it when I wake up tomorrow morning to find my entire body paralyzed with pain.  Oh, DOMS, how I've missed you so.

No comments: