And So It Begins

I just completed my first residency interview at UVA, my home institution, which means that I've kicked off my eight-day interview tour of the mid-Atlantic.  I'm actually on my way to NYC as we speak, enjoying the free internet at the Richmond International Airport.  This is the best!!

The residency match is based in part on the way programs rank applicants and in part on the way applicants rank programs.  I won't be posting much about my actual interviews on the blog, so that the process will be remain blinded just in case a program director or interviewer happens to stumble across Idiopathies (unlikely, I know, but possible).  This means that you'll just have to surmise how I feel about each hospital I visit, or worse, ask me in person.  GASP!

UPDATE: I was really excited to spend the few minutes I had before boarding my plane surfing the interwebz.  But it's been more than a few minutes now, as my flight has been delayed due to mechanical issues.  Here's to hoping they fix the plane soon, and please pray that it doesn't crash mid-flight.  Because, you know, that would probably stink.

No comments: