Non-Emergent

I worked my first real Emergency Medicine shift today.  I don't count Monday because I went home after Orientation, I don't count Tuesday because I worked in Express Care, and I don't count Wednesday because I basically just had seven hours of teaching.  And you know how many patients I saw today?  Four.  That's right: during my eight hours in the Emergency Department today, I saw one, two, three, four patients.

Part of the reason was that we had several boarders from the night before that were awaiting admission, which prevented the nurses from bringing back the new patients for us to examine.  Luckily, I am suffering from a severe case of senioritis, and to be honest, I was pretty happy to have a low-key day.  In fact, I think I'd be happy to have low-key days for the rest of my life.  Can't I just skip the 40 or so years ahead of me and go straight from graduation to retirement?  Come on, please??

No comments: