In-N-Out

What?  I can't believe it.  I'm already done with my two-week Coronary Care Unit rotation.  I actually ended up liking it way more than I expected to, and it made me wonder: if we had rotated through the different subspecialties in Internal Medicine during our third year, would I have ended up wanting to be an adult cardiologist instead of a pediatric cardiologist?  Because it turns out I don't just love the baby hearts, I love the adult hearts, too.

But that's neither here nor there.  What is here is the fact that not only did I finish my CCU rotation today, I also finished my last inpatient rotation until I start my intern year.  Am I excited for the freedom of shift work and regular office hours?  Yes.  Am I terrified that when I start my career as a physician next summer, I'll have completely forgotten how to take care of sick patients?  Um, yes again.

Ah well, we will cross that bridge when we cross that bridge.

No comments: