Refresh

It's like Pringles: once you pop, you can't stop!

This afternoon, I restarted the entire P90X Classic cycle.  I haven't worked out in the past week since I finished, and I hate to say it, but I've missed it.  This time around, though, I'm going to do a few things differently.

1. My start day is Saturday, which means that my rest day is Friday.  Last time, I thought it would be nice to have a rest day on Sunday, so I could get an entire weekend day off.  But the truth is, I kept missing Friday workouts to get dinner and hang out with friends after work, and then I'd end up having to make up workouts over the weekend.  So I may as well build my workout calendar around my social schedule to begin with.

2. Instead of doing 90 minutes of yoga, I'm only doing the first 45 minutes of moving asanas and skipping straight to Yoga Belly X.  Forget the balance postures.  I stink at them and I don't really care to get better, anyway.

3. I'm replacing the Kenpo workout with the Cardio X workout.  Cardio X is shorter, it's more fun, and most importantly, it gets my heart rate going faster than Kenpo.  What else could go right?

I also made a video of my daily progress during my first cycle of P90X.  I paired it with the most random song I could find in my iTunes library, Ugly Girl by Tai Mai Shu.


As you can see, I successfully reclaimed the abs that had gone into hibernation during my first three years of medical school.  Hopefully by the end of this second cycle I can also reclaim a respectable set of pectoral muscles.  Well, actually, they never really existed.  But there's a first for everything!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please help me by reading my appeal on my profile.