Swimming Hole

Golden weekends are just that: golden.  To take advantage of the golden weather we were having, I decided to venture out to Sugar Hollow, and I managed to coerce Coop, Josh, and Lindsay to come with me.  Lindsay's dog Alfie is notorious for not getting along with big dogs like Titan, but once they got used to each other, they actually did surprisingly well.  It was funny watching Titan leap over Alfie, who was just putzing along the trail.  It was also funny to see Alfie out in nature, where he made it very clear that he would not be submerging his beautifully groomed fur in a random body of water running down the side of a mountain.


We saw a couple of snakes out during the hike.  Unfortunately, I'm no Mark Trail, so while some of the people we ran into warned us of copperheads, I can neither confirm nor deny this.  I took a picture of one of them, so can any of you naturalists out there identify this sucker?  Haha, I accidentally typed "naturist" at first, but then I remembered that "naturist" and "naturalist" are two very different things.


To nobody's surprise and probably to everybody's chagrin, I insisted that we get one picture together before we went home.   Alfie vehemently opposed this plan.


Funny story: I asked a random guy to take the above photo.  Just then, another random guy walked up and asked, "Do you want me to take a picture of all of you?"  We laughed and told him that we were already getting a picture of all of us.  He quickly replied, "Well, do you want me to take a picture of all of you and a stranger, then?"  Haha, clever!

No comments: