The Boy Who Lived

I just saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II and it was, in a word, impeccable.  Mostly because I watched Part I last night and was reminded of how it served simply as a set-up for the final film of the series.  But the finale was SO GOOD!  It basically consisted of two hours of nonstop action.  That is to say, all the wizardry and witchcraft a muggle like me could ever wish for!


It's sad to see the Harry Potter movie series come to an end.  I remember when he was first introduced by JK Rowling as an eleven-year-old boy in 1997, the same year I turned eleven.  It feels as if we've grown up together, but while he stays 17 years old forever (barring the cheesy Epilogue that I refuse to acknowledge), I have to grow up and become an adult.  We can't all be destroying horcruxes and battling the Dark Lord like little boys, you know.

No comments: