It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The proctors at my Step 2 CS exam session made it pretty clear that National Board of Medical Examiners religiously troll the interwebz for any mention of the content of the test and subsequently send Dementors to torment anybody who offends their privacy policy.  Well, maybe not in those words exactly, but in any case, I will skip right to 4pm yesterday, when I met up with Nick back at his fraternity.

I actually feel kind of guilty, but I distracted Nick from his studying for the Step 1 exam to take me on a walking tour of Philadelphia.  We explored his beautiful neighborhood and the area around Independence Hall, and before we knew it, we were both starving.  Luckily, we were just a few blocks away from the famous Reading Terminal Market, where we stopped to eat the largest cornbeef sandwiches I've ever seen in my entire life.  Seriously, each sandwich had over a half-pound of meat on it!  I would have taken a picture, but we both devoured our meals before I even got the chance.

It was nearing time for me to hit the long road back to Charlottesville, but before I left, I had one last place to visit in Philly: Chinatown.  ZOMG, a glimpse of the motherland!


We quickly made our way to the nearest grocery store, where I purchased some critical Asian snacks like mango gummy candies and salted dry olives.  Even more importantly, I got dou fu ru (fermented bean curd) and hua sheng mian jin (wheat gluten fried in peanut oil) for when I make rice porridge.

太好了!  \(^_^)/

1 comment:

Caroline - Philly Tourism said...

Hey, it's always worth being distracted in order to check out Philadelphia :)

Come back soon when you have more time to explore!