Day 1 of 90

Today is the first day of the next thirteen weeks.  My P90X DVD set arrived in the mail today, and I'll be spending all summer getting into shape.  HOOS excited?


The one complaint I have so far isn't with the fitness program, it's with my house that was built before Women's suffrage was achieved in the United States.  As with many old houses, the door trim is too wide for any conventional pull-up bar.  As a result, I had to purchase a set of resistance bands with a door anchor so that I can do the pull-up exercises.


I actually like this setup a lot, although I don't like using the resistance bands in place of the exercises with free weights.  Sometimes they slip, and they don't always give me the same range of motion I would have otherwise.

So I'm pretty stoked about finally doing the P90X series, although I know my results aren't going to be as ideal as the program promises.  Why?  Because I refuse to follow their strict diet.  I'm sorry, but those chocolate chip cookies aren't going to eat themselves.

Finally, I need you to know what your role in all of this is.  Every single day, I want you to ask me if I've done my P90X workout yet.  If I say no, ask me again in an hour.  And then again and again and again until you're sure that I've actually done it.  DO NOT LET ME CHEAT.  Thank you for your cooperation.

No comments: