Trade-Off

Nothing in life is perfect.  Not even my weekend workday, which I envisioned starting at 6am and ending at 11am.  But nooo, I could not have been more mistaken.  We acquired two cadaver kidneys overnight, which meant we got to do two kidney transplants today.  Exciting?  Yes.  Exhausting?  Definitely yes.  I didn't get out of the hospital until 6pm, which is waaay too late to be staying on the weekends.

But it was not all in vain, because today also happened to be one of the coolest days I've had in the OR.  Dr. Brayman and I dissected out the common iliac artery together and he even let me cauterize with the Bovie set at 60/60.  60/60!!  It was a dream come true for me, and possibly a nightmare come true for Smokey Bear.

Okay, under further contemplation, I need to take back what I said earlier.  There is something perfect in this life, and that thing is the following cover of Rebecca Black's Friday.

No comments: