The Show Must Go On

The thunderstorm had passed.  The air was crisp and cool.  I was driving to the UVA Drama Department's presentation of Evita tonight with my windows rolled down, enjoying the vibrant smells of spring.  I stopped at the red light, looking for oncoming traffic before I made a right turn.  A car zoomed past me and SPLASH! I was hit with a wall of water that flew out from under its tires.  It was like a scene out of a movie, except instead of walking along a sidewalk, I was actually seated in a car.  I didn't even know this was possible!

Fast forward one hour.  We're halfway through the first act of Evita when the director walks onstage, calls for the house lights, and informs us that there's been a tornado sighting.  We spend the next 20 minutes crowded in the basement of the Culbreth Theater with 300 other patrons waiting for the storm to pass.

All I'm saying is that these better be the best flippin' May flowers I've ever seen in my entire life.

No comments: