A Turn for the Better

Something incredible happened tonight.  My resident decided, out of nowhere, to let me off of work early.  It just so happened that I got out in time to make it to the Arrhythmics gig at the Medical Alumni Symposium tonight.  A symposium that, coincidentally, featured an endless bounty of free food.  Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy nomz.  Hmm, what?  The word is "name," not "nomz"?  Ugh, I've been saying it wrong my entire life.

Perhaps more coincidentally, I ran into Dr. Casscells, who is president of the UVA Medical Alumni Association Board, as well Mrs. Casscells, another member of the Alumni Board.  Or, as I know them, Nick's parents.  Mrs. Casscells tried to tell me that as a mother of children my age, she wasn't "hip," but that she was at least "aware."  Then she ran off to text Nick that she had run into me.  The fact that she uses text messages already makes her at least 18 times more hip than my parents.

And now I would like to share with you Ben Folds' new music video for From Above.  Hey, it's way better than making you watch that new Miley Cyrus music video, amirite?

No comments: