Magnum Opus

It's 1:30am.  I have done nothing productive since I got off of work at 4:30pm.  Scholastically speaking, that is.

In fact, I have spent the past nine hours straight (except for a dinner break in the middle) arranging Carrie Underwood's Cowboy Casanova for the Arrhythmics.  I'm pretty proud of some of the renditions I've done over the past few years, my favorites thus far being That Thing You Do, Good Girls Go Bad, and another Carrie Underwood hit, Before He Cheats.

I haven't had the opportunity to play this arrangement of Cowboy Casanova on the piano or hear it sung in rehearsal, so I don't want to speak too soon, but I think it may be my best one yet.  Perhaps even my best one I'll ever write.  A sneak preview of the first eight bars:


Unfortunately, I'm missing this week's Arrhythmics rehearsal since I'm in Roanoke.  I can't wait to be back in Cville so I can hear how it actually turned out!

No comments: