I Miss It Already

It's hard to believe that yet another month has passed, but yesterday I completed my rotation at Waynesboro Primary Care.  I miss the doctors and nurses there already!  Of course, everything in my life has to end with a bang, and yesterday was no different.


The day was rather uneventful until I saw my last patient.  A very ill lady came in struggling with another bout of bronchitis and ear infections.  I had performed my history and physical exam, I had presented my findings to Dr. Engel, and we were just telling her what our plan would be when she suddenly started having sharp chest pains.  We helped her out of the exam bed, and while Dr. Engel called 9-1-1, Diondra and I gave her supplemental oxygen and did an EKG reading.  Hopefully it was just positional discomfort, but just to be sure that she wasn't having another heart attack, we sent her to get the full workup in the Emergency Room.

And that, my friends, is how I finished my Ambulatory Internal Medicine rotation.  Like my last patient, I will also be transitioning from the clinic to the hospital as I start my Inpatient Internal Medicine rotation next week.  Goodbye, regular office hours.  Hello, call nights!

1 comment:

Grace said...

ahhhh call nights. sam, me and you (and the rest of our group) are not meant for long hours...