Exhausted

Today is just the first day of my two-week Plastic Surgery rotation, and I'm already pretty sure that this is not the field for me.  We had to get there for rounds at 6:15am this morning, followed by three surgeries, followed by clinic, followed by conference.  I was let go at 7pm, so I took my time and had a nice dinner... before heading straight back to the hospital to meet my new patient, read up on his chart, and prepare for tomorrow's surgeries.  And now, it's 10:50pm, and I'm finally home for good.  Lucky me, I get a whole five hours of sleep before I get to the hospital at 5am to preround!

Okay, enough whining from me.  On the bright side of things, I had a great weekend.  In addition to hiking Old Rag, going to FratCameron's FratParty, and general lazing around, I fulfilled the promise I made to Catmo that I would watch the pilot episode of The Gates as soon as I finished my Neurology Shelf exam.  This shouldn't be to anybody's surprise, but I think it's totally awesome.  It's a True Blood-like story taking place in a Desperate Housewives-like setting.  How could anybody complain??

No comments: