Outdated

I'm not young anymore.  Okay, I guess I'm still young, but I'm not as young as I used to be.  On Friday night, I met up with my residents from when I was an RA during my third year of college for one last hurrah, and let's just say that I can't keep up with those kids anymore.  Not that I was expecting to be able to hold my own against a group of fourth year college students who have spent the last year of their lives training their livers to handle any and all means of assault, but you know...

Anyway, the moral of the story is that my body can no longer process the forced consumption of large amounts of alcohol like it could when I was in college.  Not that I was ever very good at it, but at least I used to be able to bounce back the next morning for a 9am lecture with ease.  Sadly, this is no longer the case.  Now it takes me several hours to recover the next day, during which I may attend both a UVA baseball game and a UVA lacrosse game, swear to myself and everyone around me that I'm not going to go out that night, and feel good enough by 9pm to repeat the cycle all over again.

No comments: