The Passion of the Matt

A few days ago, I came across the following video on I Watch Stuff, another blog I read religiously.  I decided to share it with some of my friends on an e-mail chain we have going, not realizing what a stir it would cause.  More specifically, I had no idea what a strong reaction Matt would have to what I thought was nothing more than a cutely done YouTube video.


This is the conversation we had that followed.  Note: This Gchat has been modified from its original version.  It has been formatted to fit your screen.

Matt:  Here's the problem with that video...

Problem #1 -- You do NOT remake classics. I mean, it's like they remade Casablanca here... just disgusting (even if it's pretty well done).
Problem #2 -- In Roxanne, you've got probably the hottest cartoon female of all time (and in my Top 10, cartoon or not), and you're gonna cast that dog in her role...offensive.
Problem #3 -- Great song, but why not pick Eye to Eye, the song that Powerline performs at the end of the movie.  Which, and I'm dead serious, is my favorite song of all time. 

A Goofy Movie is probably one of my 3 favorite movies -- I tried to get Randy's house to watch it with me last year to convince them, but they wouldn't do it.
Sam:  Haha, well, you've piqued my interest. Anything that you are this passionate about is worth an hour and a half of my time.
Matt:  WAIT YOU'VE NEVER SEEEEEEN IT??????? Holy [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] we are watching it tonight.
Sam:  Matt, approximately 50 people in the world have seen this movie, and I'm actually counting once for every time you've watched it.
Matt:  Then at least 134 people have seen it. Dude, it's got a Pauly Shore cameo and everything. Oh man. OK, seriously, we are pregaming EBSP with this movie. It will put everyone in a better mood.

Well, I guess that's that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed you bleeped me there. I feel like that was one of the better cursing tirades of my career.

Unknown said...

I have to pipe up here...my husband is likewise obsessed with this movie. He insisted it be among the first movies we netflixed when we signed up. I showed him this remake and he is now singing the song again. Apparently Matt is not alone. PS: Sam, I read your blog every day. Don't blame me for the internet facilitating mild stalking.

Unknown said...

Sorry Sam, Matt's right on this one. You are severely underestimating this movie's popularity when it came out, at least among 4th-grade girls. Soundtracks were bought, sleepovers were had. (All this despite Roxanne being a bit of a simpering idiot). Can I get in on this pre-EBSP showing?