Music Is Medicine for the Mind

Turns out I wasn't quite done procrastinating.  I woke up this morning at 8am, but not to study.  I drove over to Culbreth Theatre, where Bob Chapel was hosting call-backs for this summer's Heritage Theatre Festival.  He had e-mailed me earlier this week to ask if I would accompany the auditions, and of course I eagerly said yes.  I mean, why study all day when instead I can do something I actually enjoy (i.e., play the piano) and get paid $35/hour?

We finished casting the roles for this summer's production of The Sound of Music and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. If, like me, you'd never heard of The Spelling Bee before today, I highly recommend that you check it out.  The script and the lyrics are absolutely hilarious, sending me into paroxysms of laughter during each audition.  Oh, and apparently the original Broadway cast featured Jesse Tyler Ferguson of The Modern Family fame.  Who knew?

This afternoon I also got to see the Arrhythmics perform for the first time in my life.  They sang Poker Face and Party in the USA (my arrangement!) during Second Look Day for next year's accepted students.  I cheered them on like the proud Papa that I am (and, okay, I may have sung along quietly under my breath).

Aaand now I'm off to see Carbon Leaf perform at the Jefferson Theatre.  God, could this day possibly get any better??

No comments: