Chinese New Year Extravaganza

It's the year of the tiger, it's the feast from the Moms
Rising up to the challenge of the Hot Pot
And the last known survivor has to eat all the nomz
And he's watching us all in the Year... OF THE TIGER!


Phew!  My stomach has finally settled since the Chinese New Year to end all Chinese New Years.  My parents teamed up with Bob's parents to bring the festivities to good old Charlottesville tonight, allowing us to celebrate the lunar new year with a few of our close friends.  We used five hot pots, which may or may not have definitely set off the circuit breakers multiple times throughout the night.  But it was totally worth it!  Everything from the fish balls to the beef slices to the bok choy to the shrimp was uber-tasty.

I think it was mostly rewarding for me just to see Lee, Jim, Jon, Neil, Randy, and Tri eat until they were about to pass out.  I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said we each consumed at least two pounds of food per person.  And that, my friends, is what Chinese culture is all about.

No comments: