I'm a Nerd

I admit it, and I'm proud of it.  I just got back from watching Avatar again, and you know what?  It was just as fun to watch the second time around.  Only once in my entire life have I seen a movie twice in theaters, and that was one of the Lord of the Rings films, although I can't remember which one.  Of course, that's not counting any of the movies I've seen at the Byrd, Richmond's historic movie palace.

Anyway, articles about the Avatar blues have been popping up all over the internet lately.  While I first dismissed these "news stories" as ridiculous and irrelevant, I'm beginning to see where these fans are coming from.  After immersing myself in a 3D world that combines the lush vegetation of the tropical rain forest with the bioluminescence of the coral reef, reality is a little hard to handle.  Especially when that reality is sitting in Claude Moore Health Sciences Library on a Friday night working on Epidemiology problem sets.  Sigh...

No comments: