A Gift to Myself

I received an e-mail from Qdoba today informing me that if I buy a $25 Q-Cash Gift Card for a friend, I receive a $5 voucher for myself.  This is interesting to me, not because I'm particularly interested in buying a Qdoba gift card (random) for anyone this Christmas, but because I know that I myself will inevitably spend at least $25 at Qdoba this coming year.  So, what's stopping me from buying the gift card for myself and getting a free $5 voucher out of it?  Nothing, I tell you.

And, because it keeps popping up all over my Facebook News Feed and friends' Gchat statuses, I thought I'd share this article.  It's by Shane Claiborne, one of the founding members of the Potter Street Community and activist for nonviolence and service to the poor.  He's kind of the new "it" guy for today's young Christian community, kind of like an edgier Mother Teresa.  If you like the article, you should definitely read his book, The Irresistible Revolution, which poses some serious challenges to today's church.

No comments: