Early Bird Gets the Worm

And late bird does not get to take the Pathology exam.

I woke up this morning feeling extremely refreshed and wondering why my alarm hadn't gone off yet.  Then I looked at my clock and realized it was 8:20, and my Pathology exam had started 20 minutes ago.  I hurriedly threw on some clothes, popped a Dentyne (no time for tooth brushing!), and scrambled to the Old Medical School Auditorium.

When I arrived, I found that Debbie, our test proctor, had just left the room.  First, I waited a few minutes in the hallway for her to come back.  When she didn't show, I tried every floor of the building until I found the Pathology laboratories, but she was not there, either.  I ended up spending no less than half an hour looking for her, and I'm not kidding when I say that her office is better hidden than the lost city of Atlantis.

Despite starting the test an hour later than everyone else, the time constraint did not turn out to be a problem.  In fact, I somehow finished before many of my classmates did.  However, the fact that the test only contained 81 questions may pose a serious issue, as each question now counts more than 1% of my grade...

Oh, and of course while I was running through the halls of the hospital in my hoodie, sweatpants, and flip flops, I happened to cross paths with my old POM2 mentor, Dr. Robbins.  He greeted me with an incredulous look, sighed, shook his head, and kept walking.

No comments: