Third Is the One with the Treasure Chest

Titan and I competed in the Pack It Out Canine 5K at Walnut Creek yesterday, and although we came short of my goal of winning the race, we did come in third in the men's category, so I'm pretty pleased.  Blake, the guy who had been winning all of the previous races, actually came in second to another newbie to the canine 5k circuit.  I kind of felt bad that he didn't get to win all four races, but I guess as they say, you win some; you lose some.

For some odd reason, they didn't tell us our times, so I'm not exactly sure how long it took me to run the 5K.  I imagine my time wasn't great, though; there were several places where I slipped on the wet leaves and nearly fell.  As soon as they post our times and our pictures online, I'll be sure to share them.  For the time being, I'll just have to enjoy the eco-friendly shopping bag from Puma(!?!?) that I won.

1 comment:

blake said...

Sorry to comment on a 2 year old post, but don't feel bad. We had the lead for the first two miles then Jocelyn (the dog) decided to lay down in some mud to cool off and we couldn't catch back up. The winner's dog that day may have been a newbie, but Brad (the human) is quite an accomplished runner. Glad you and Titan had a good time.