Go Speed Racer Go!

In typical Sam style, my intentions of doing work and learning lots of material were thwarted by excuses to have fun.  Last night, Sam and Lindsay came into town, and we went to the Chamber Singers concert, Music of American Composers.  The performance was incredible, but it just made me mad, because we never got to sing songs that cool when I was in the group, and we never had an audience that large, either.  After the post-concert party, Sam and I convinced Professor Slon to come out to late night with us at IHOP, just for old time's sake.

I also just got back from watching Speed Racer with Richie and Nate, and I must say, in spite of the dismal reviews it received, it has to be one of the coolest movies of all time.  Start with fast cars, add some sweet special effects, throw in a dash of hand-to-hand combat, and mix it all together in a cotton candy-colored backdrop.  Sounds like a recipe for success to me!

No comments: